Sunday, March 28, 2010

Generations connecting to each other via blogging

While managing my first graders blog site, I came across a comment that really made me smile. It was in response to one of my student's blogs and it read,

"This is my first blog response ever!" Love Grampa.

This young generation is reaching out to their grandparents and introducing them to blogging. I don't think anyone should worry about whether technology and social media will be used in the schools in the future. It is here and, as this generation and future generations grow, it will be a way of life. As educators continue to introduce more and more technology into the schools, I believe that there will be a natural progression in its use. Maybe we all have to relax into "what is" and allow the use of technology and social media to blossom on its own. Just keep watering the seeds that you have all planted and continue to plant.

Thanks to all who are teaching me and allowing me to introduce what little I know to these brilliant young minds who are destined to carry it further. I am determined to take my own knowledge further, inspired by the children in my class.

Who's teaching who?

No comments:

Post a Comment